LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
(Applies to all countries where Limited Lifetime Warranty is allowed)
Underwater Kinetics warrants to the original purchaser that its products are free from defects in materials or workmanship. The Underwater Kinetics Warranty covers materials used in its products to the original purchaser, from the date of purchase, as follows: plastics for 10 years; rubber for 3 years, LED and electronics for 3 years, rechargeable batteries for 90 days and lamps for 30 days. Underwater Kinetics agrees, at its option, to either repair or replace the unit with the same or similar available product to the original purchaser within the product's warranty period.
Proof of purchase (sales receipt) from an authorized Underwater Kinetics USA retailer is required to obtain service during the warranty period.
Standard ground freight within the United States for return of repaired/replaced warranty products to the customer will be covered by Underwater Kinetics USA. A shipment outside of the United States or expedited return delivery is the sole responsibility of the customer and is available for an additional charge.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ACCIDENT, MISUSE, ABUSE, DIRT, WATER, BATTERY LEAKAGE, TAMPERING, SERVICING PERFORMED OR ATTEMPTED BY UNAUTHORIZED SERVICE AGENCIES OR PERSONS.
THIS WARRANTY IS VALID ONLY IN THE COUNTRY WHERE THIS PRODUCT IS PURCHASED.
UNDERWATER KINETICS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, OR EXPENSE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING FROM CUSTOMER’S USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE EQUIPMENT EITHER SEPARATELY, IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER EQUIPMENT, OR FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF OTHER PROPERTY, OR FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may have other legal rights which vary from state to state.
The company reserves the right under its product improvement policy to change construction or design details without obligation regarding previous models and furnish equipment when so altered without reference to illustration or specification used herein.
EUROPEAN 10-YEAR WARRANTY
(Applies to member countries of the EU or where Limited Lifetime Warranty is not allowed)
Underwater Kinetics warrants that this product is free from defects in materials and manufacturing for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase under normal use. In addition, the Underwater Kinetics Limited Warranty covers materials used in its products to the original purchaser, from the date of purchase, as follows: plastics for 10 years; rubber for 3 years, LED and electronics for 3 years, rechargeable batteries for 90 days and lamps for 30 days. This warranty is limited to the first purchaser of the product and is not transferable. This product is not warranted if it is modified or used inappropriately.
If the original retail purchaser detects a defect in the material or workmanship, the product along with proof of purchase date should be returned (postage prepaid) to an authorized Underwater Kinetics dealer in the area or directly to UKE Underwater Kinetics Europe. Underwater Kinetics agrees to repair or replace at Underwater Kinetics' sole discretion any product found to be defective in material or workmanship within the time period specified above. This warranty is not valid when handled by third parties which are not authorized by Underwater Kinetics or its distributors. Nothing contained within these warranty terms detracts from your Statutory Rights.
To the extent permitted by law, Underwater Kinetics is not liable for any indirect or consequential damages, regardless of whether claims for such damages are based on warranty, contract, negligence, or otherwise. To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall Underwater Kinetics’ liability to the purchaser for damages exceed the purchase price of the product in respect of which damages are claimed.
How do I warranty my product?
- Fill out the warranty request form here.
Why do I mail my RMA to a TUSA address?
- TUSA is our distributor for Dive Products in the USA, they handle all repairs on our behalf. They have been trained by the Underwater Kinetics staff and have our full support in keeping our customers happy.
Can I obtain replacement parts?
- Absolutely. You can buy parts off our website. Here’s a list of them for convenience.
What kinds of product failures are covered under the warranty?
- Leaking or pinched O-ring seals due to improper installation.
- Defective lamp modules, bezel caps, and similar.
- Switch malfunctions and/or bad contacts.
- Cracks or deformities in housings or lamp modules.
What kinds of product failures are not covered under the warranty?
- Corrosion damage due to bad or overheated batteries.
- O-ring damage caused by sand, grit, or lack of silicone grease and/or maintenance.
- Obvious signs of physical damage or abuse.
- If the light has been altered, tinkered with, or experimented upon.
- If the light is nicked, scraped, well-loved, and shows clear signs of natural wear and tear.
Is the warranty transferrable?
- No. The product is warrantied to the original purchaser for the lifespan of the product.
How do I know if Underwater Kinetics has received my warranty?
- You should receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of filling out the online form.
Where do I put my RMA number when I send my product in?
- On the box, inside the box, on a small post-it note or scrap of paper inside the box, etc. More is better.
Does the Limited Lifetime Warranty mean my lifetime?
- The term Limited Lifetime refers to the natural lifespan of the product. If the product is still in production and shows signs of failure due to a defect in workmanship or materials, we will replace it. If the product shows clear signs of natural wear and tear or it looks like it was neglected or used as a bludgeoning tool, it is no longer under warranty. You can still send it in and pay to have it fixed or replaced with the latest model.